Friday, March 12, 2010

Airport Adventures...

The day started out like any other day. However, instead of going to work, we were heading out to the airport. Cyn and I would begin our journey to London. The traffic flow was smooth. We arrived to the airport and it was kind of eerie because there were hardly any passengers in the airport. Very unusual for a Friday. I had heard in the news that American Airlines was having a strike. Could that have anything to do with it? We approached the check-in clerk and as he's printing our boarding passes he hands me a paper. The paper states that if we were flying from Heathrow, that our flight might be affected because British Airways was also having a strike. What the heck? Something to worry about when I get into town. Argh. It's OK, I got a temporary comfort by looking at the handsome french man. I wonder if he will be in our plane? I also wonder if the gal with him is his significant other or his relative? I hope it's the latter.
So we go upstairs to the food court and get some food. I tell Cyn that I'm craving chicken nuggets from MacDonald's and she said "Me too." So I ordered my food and she goes to the counter and orders a flippin' parfait. Thank you my sweet, sweet friend of mine. Thank you for allowing me to indulge in unnecessary fatness. Oh yeah, thank you for dropping my pillow. I look forward to drooling on it while I inhale the vapors of gasoline and asphalt. that will really put me to sleep. I love you. As I'm writing this, I give Cyn "the look." It's alright yo. I ain't mad at ya!

Cyn's reposne:
Ha Ha Ha! it wasn't done intentionally! The whole week has been extremely crazy for me! I'm so happy the day is finally here!! I get pretty testy when I'm under pressure and this morning was definitely stressful. I decided to give my bank a courtesy call to let them know that I'd be traveling. I come to find out my ATM was blocked due to some fraudulent activity. Bastards! I rushed to the bank to get a temporary ATM card. of course Fabs made a comment about how great her bank is and how this would never ever happen to her. LOL Suck it! Haha. It's been a typical trip to the airport for the exceptions of the 'screening.' Apparently they thought myt ravel size blow dryer was a weapon of mass destruction!! Wow! Fabi's in front of me eating ritz crackers. I'm getting hungry. Damn it! Why did I order a parfait? LOL!

No comments: