Tuesday, March 16, 2010

British Airways Strikes

Morning was a little earlier than before. After reading about the British Airways strikes, I was compelled to check my email to see the status of our flight back home. CANCELLED. So I go online to check the next available flight. Tuesday, March 23, 2010. I let Cyn know and we almost lost it. She cant leave that late because of work issues. So I told her I'll make the call and see what our other options were. the nearest phone was across the street in the trian station. I almost got hit by a double decker bus because I wasn't paying attention. So much was running through my mind.

I made call after call only to not get through. I dialed my from my cell phone number after getting back to the room and I'm told the lines are flooded. So I tell her I can't do this and that I was hoping in the shower to calm down. It was there that it dawned on me to go the airport.
So we get downn there and thanks to the super beings abovve, we were put on an American Airlines flights on our original departure date of march 21st. Alleluyah!

Most of the day was spent as a free day. We ate at an Indian restaurant by the train station. We then dropped off our airline tickets in our room and set our way do to some shopping at Camden Markets. Cyn got asked out on a date and got a deal on some bags. And we were surprised to find a Mexican Restaurant. We were allured by the sounds of Juanes in the background. Being the spectic that I am, I decided against it.

We became exhausted after the events of the day so we walked into our favorite pub, Elephant's Head. We saw a Hugh Laurie look-a-like and while I was the one smiling at him and trying to rell him towards our direction, Cyn savagely took advantage and allowed him to touch her hand. Bestia!

No comments: