Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bonjour Paris..Part trois

Welcome to Paris! Our morning was an early one as we headed out to St. Pancras International Station to board the Eurostar Train to Paris. I was quite nervous with the idea of having to cross the English Channel. But the ride seem effortless. It was really nice. We arrived at Paris du Nord train station where we would take the metro to our hotel in the Latin Quarter. The name of the Hotel was Claude St. Bernard. It's the same one my mother, Becky, and I stayed at four months ago. They had done some renovations and we got to stay in one of their new corner rooms with two windows looking out Rue Des Ecoles. It was marvelous.

After settling down we made our way to Place St. Michel where we did some souvenir shopping and clothes. Cyn bout another pair of boots. We then proceeded to have a late lunch at the restaurant, Santorini, where our Greek waiter immediately figured out we were from Spanish decent countries. It was quite strange to be having a late lunch as usually restaurants don't open up for dinner until seven. I really wanted to take Cyn to mine and Becky's favorite restaurant, La Cochonaile, so we can have our escargots. That will have to be another time.

After we stuffed ourselves we went back to our room and received a call from Lupe, our old high school buddy, to meet for dinner. It was really nice to see her again. We shared a bottle of wine at the Hippopatamus Restaurant in Bercy Village. We caught up on our lives, talked about Lupe's engagement and I watched Lupe and Cyn go off on their "Lost" theories like a Ping Pong match. I was lost as I hadn't watched the show. We then walked Lupe to the train station and said our goodbyes.

Cyn and I walked back to Place St. Michel, where I, claiming to know the area well, got us lost, but nonetheless made it back to our hotel. It was already 10:30pm. We got ready and made our way to the Caveau De la Huchette were we would see the Drew Davies Combo play. They're a great R'n B Blues Band. They were awesome! My friend Thibaut was playing bass. I love that bass. It was a great night. We drank Heineken, laughed, and danced with our new friend Andre, where Cyn had said he looked like a homeless man from downtown Los Angeles.Cyn and I had finished up our drinking money, so we tried to hustle the bartender to selling us half a beer for half the price. Rejected! So we went back downstairs to where the band played. When the band took their break, T.Bo approached our table and had asked me when he had gotten in and said it was a nice surprise to see me there. I did let Drew know that I was hitting up one of his Caveau shows online) He was really sweet. He bought Cynthia and I both beers. Good times. We called it a night and got back to our hotel about two in the morning. I felt sad I didn't call back that nice man from the metro that asked me out on a date. Cyn called him cocked-eyed. Tomorrow, I go meet with my cousin Francis.

No comments: